Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thanks To Bruno

I know I wrote about Bruno a lot and there will be more posts about him coming but this is more.. personal I guess. Okay so thanks to Bruno I got on twitter and met some amazing people. One of them is this amazing girl. I think she started to randomly reply to my tweets (it might have gone a little different but I’m too lazy to look those tweets up again since its more than 6 months ago) and we kept talking. We were having a blast drooling over Bruno and talking about a lot of other random stuff. This idea began to form and after a couple of months of talking she decided to come and visit me, yes, she was coming to Amsterdam. And yes, I freaked out. After another month and some weeks of more fangirling and freaking out it was finally happening. I had to work the day she was coming but I was constantly on my phone while she was on the train. Trust me, that’s not good for your heart.

The next morning I got on the train to Amsterdam to meet up with her. My thoughts that morning went along the lines of ‘sdofoshdfeowosfkwfern’. I made my way to the hotel (my parents wouldn’t let her stay at my house. Hmpf) and thought some more ‘sdhfkiwehgkr’-like thoughts. When she stepped out of the hotel I reaaally freaked out, I don’t think I was ever that happy to hug someone before. The next 2 days (yes 2) consisted of freaking out, fangirling, laughing our ass of, walking till our feet almost fell off, kissing Justin Bieber cardboards (we hate Bieber), hating Bieber even more because his perfume actually smells good, more fangirling, watching clips from Bruno’s shows, me having to order everything while she was filming me, laughing her ass off at the Dutch language, seeing an Amy Winehouse lookalike and almost getting hit by a car.

All in all these were an amazing 2 days that I will never ever forget. It felt like we knew each other since forever instead of a couple of months. I’d never ever thought I would EVER meet up with someone I met online but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I don’t think I ever met someone before who had such an impact on my life in such a short amount of time. When she left my heart literally broke, letting her go was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I just wanted to jump in that train with her or just pull her out and hide her in my basement (I don’t have a basement). Sometimes you just have to do something you didn’t think you ever would and something amazing can come out of it. I love this girl and I consider her to be one of my best friends, and I have Bruno to thank for that. 

1 comment:

  1. I think we can all agree, even though we didn't actually meet them, that Bruno brought a lot of people together. (:

    ReplyDelete